- Felpreva® is now available to veterinarians in five European markets including France, Germany, United Kingdom, Austria and Italy
- Felpreva® (tigolaner/emodepside/praziquantel) is the first spot-on combination for cats which treats both internal and external parasite infestations/infections, including tapeworms, for up to three months in a single dose
- Tigolaner, one of the three active ingredients in Felpreva®, belongs to the novel bispyrazole chemical class providing efficacy against fleas, ticks and mites
Vetoquinol (Paris: VETO) is delighted to announce that Felpreva® is now available for veterinarians to prescribe in five European markets including France, Germany, United Kingdom, Austria and Italy.
Felpreva® is an innovation in companion animal parasitology. It is the first three-monthly spot-on parasiticide for cats that covers tapeworms in addition to other endoparasites (lungworms, roundworms and hookworm) and ectoparasites (fleas, ticks and mites) in a single dose. It is licensed for treatment of cats with, or at risk from, mixed parasitic infestations/infections.
Felpreva®’s broad-spectrum active ingredients cover:
– Gastrointestinal roundworms: infection with Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina and Ancylostoma tubaeforme
– Lungworms: infection with Aelurostrongylus abstrusus and Troglostrongylus brevior
– Tapeworms: infection with Dipylidium caninum and Taenia taeniaeformis
– Flea (Ctenocephalides felis), tick (Ixodes ricinus, Ixodes holocyclus) and mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations, as well as mild to moderate cases of notoedric mange (caused by Notoedres cati). It can also form part of a treatment strategy for flea allergic dermatitis (FAD).
Matthieu Frechin, Vetoquinol CEO, commented: “The launch of Felpreva® is a truly proud moment for Vetoquinol, demonstrating our expertise, passion, and commitment to innovation in this essential category of veterinary medicine. As a product that has been designed specifically for cats with the needs of veterinarians and cat owners in mind, we look forward to Felpreva® realising its potential in helping safeguard the health of cats around the world.”
A recent survey revealed that 44% of cat owners said that giving parasite protection to their cat was a negative experience. Therefore reducing the frequency of treatments, thanks to Felpreva®, will also reduce stressful interactions between cats and their owners, and will result in a more positive experience for all, with the ultimate goal to increase compliance and thus improve parasite protection for cats.
Juliana Carrer, International Range Manager at Vetoquinol, and a qualified veterinarian, highlights the importance of simplicity for both veterinarians and cat owners. She said: “The need for a straightforward, cat-friendly endectocide solution like Felpreva® has never been more critical. Time-poor vets are faced with increasing numbers of feline patients, whilst owners continue to struggle with the stress of treating their cats. We are so pleased that Felpreva® is now here to ease veterinarians’ decision-making, encourage owner compliance, and improve health outcomes for cats.”
For more information on Felpreva® please contact your local Vetoquinol representative.
Vetoquinol is a leading global animal health company that supplies drugs and non-medicinal products for the livestock (cattle and pigs) and pet (dogs and cats) markets.
As an independent pure player, Vetoquinol designs, develops and sells veterinary drugs and non-medicinal products in Europe, the Americas and the Asia Pacific region.
Since its foundation in 1933, Vetoquinol has pursued a strategy combining innovation with geographical diversification. The Group’s hybrid growth is driven by the reinforcement of its product portfolio coupled with acquisitions in high potential growth markets. Vetoquinol employed 2,540 people as of September 30th, 2021.
Vetoquinol has been listed on Euronext Paris since 2006 (symbol: VETO).
The Vetoquinol share is eligible for the French PEA and PEA-PME personal equity plans.
For further information, go to: www.vetoquinol.com
For more information, contact:
MIND+MATTER (Vetoquinol’s PR Partner agency)
Theresa Baker: Email: email@example.com
International Range Manager – Companion Animal Parasiticides
Juliana Carrer: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
 European Commission Union Register of Veterinary Medicinal Products – Felpreva. 2021. Available from: https://ec.europa.eu/health/documents/community-register/html/v277.htm [Accessed 16 November 2021].
 Vetoquinol market research [data on file].