Antony and Herentals (April 29, 2019) – Today, Adisseo and Kemin have announced the decision to not renew their distribution agreement involving the Smartamine®, MetaSmart® and Microvit® A Supra Ruminant products in EMEA, beyond its current term – which ends on 31st of December 2019.
Since 2006, Kemin and Adisseo have worked together to successfully grow awareness in the industry about amino acid balancing and its benefits for dairy nutrition including:
- Allowing dairy farmers to extract full value from the ration they feed their cows, while often reducing the cost of the ration.
- Improving performance visible through greater milk yields, milk protein and milk fat contents.
- Demonstrating that methionine reduces metabolic-related health issues, such as ketosis, during the transition phase around calving.
- Stimulating better breed backs, more full-term pregnancies and shorter calving intervals in the field of reproduction.
- Reducing nitrogen excretion and the environmental impact of dairy production.
“I want to thank Kemin for our successful and close cooperation these past 13 years to raise awareness on amino acids and its contribution to improving dairy nutrition in the EMEA region,” said Jean-Marc Dublanc, CEO of Adisseo. “Moving forward, by strengthening our leadership on methionine, Adisseo’s ambition is to accelerate the development of its specialty business globally. In Europe and the Middle East and Africa regions, it will be the future mission of our fully dedicated and specialized team.”
Stefaan Van Dyck, President of Kemin Animal Nutrition and Health, EMENA stated, “For more than a decade, we worked jointly with Adisseo towards developing a successful methionine business. To achieve this, we combined the Kemin strong sales development with Adisseo’s R&D strengths. Going forward, Kemin will focus on further extending its ruminant portfolio in order to offer a full-range of nutritional solutions for a sustainable and profitable dairy production.”
The end of the agreement will be effective on December 31, 2019. Until that date, Kemin remains the exclusive distributor of Adisseo products Smartamine®, MetaSmart® and Microvit® A Supra 1000 Ruminant for the EAME region.